Am 20.07.2016 um 04:26 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
> All the rest of the signs are phrasing slurs in this snippet. I would
> say it’s also a phrasing slur, and not a mistake or error.

I disagree. I have skimmed through the whole score, and I'm still nearly
sure (maybe now 98.5 % instead of merely 98 %) that this is an engraving
error.

If I'm not mistaken this is a piano reduction?
If that's the case i'd assume there's a tied note or two slurred ones in
an instrumental part here.

I see two options here, depending on what you want with this score:

1 (the scholarly approach):
Get hold of the full score and see if there's a part that warrants the
slur/tie. If you find somethign adjust the thing accordingly.

2 (the flashy approach):
Use the scholarLY package and produce a nice annotation with footnote.
See attached input and result files.

Of course you can base 2) on the results of 1)

Best
Urs

> The Peter Pan score seems to be full of such _descriptive_
> indications. Not all scores are entirely _prescriptive_.
>
> Andrew

\include "scholarly/package.ly"

\new Staff
\relative a {
  \clef bass
  <<
    {
      \voiceOne
      \criticalRemark \with {
        message = "In the piano reduction there is a spurious tie or slur
                   that spans the whole measure but isn't continued
                   after the line break"
        footnote-offset = #'(-0.5 . 1)
        footnote-text = "Spurious tie/slur. See critical remarks"
      }
      LaissezVibrerTie
      a1 \laissezVibrer
    }