There seems to be an assumption here that the logo _is_ the waterlily
graphic on the webpage, and that it is just a matter of coding it up. I am
not sure that this is the formal lilypond logo, is it? Has that been
decided or discussed? In any case, does it convey the brand clearly and
recognisably? What is a logo for? Does lilypond actually need visual
branding? Are we trying to increase market share with a logo?

I’d suggest a dicussion before launching off and finalising this.

Colour is no good - pretty much everybody prints music in B&W, and
musicians copy it on photocopiers in B&W. So if a logo is to be made, it
would have to be B&W almost of necessity.

Since lilypond is GNU lilypond, does the GNU logo have to be incorporated?
I think there are many questions.

Andrew