On 17.09.2016 21:34, Thomas Morley wrote:
Hi Simon,

I’m attaching an excerpt from my current project, where I’d actually really
need a 4th order Bézier slur – but that’s impossible with Lily now.
Unfortunately I also lack an idea what else to do in this situation – I’d like
to avoid an extra staff…
Any ideas?
What about something like this "compound slur"?
(Obviously, you could/should spend more time to really make the slur nice.)

%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
(snipped snippet)

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

Hi Simon,

Kieren already demonstrated a possible workaround.

Below my own approach, probably a very first step in the direction
David mentioned.
You'll need to find all the values manually. Displaying the original
control-points and/or making the new ones visible with those crosses
may help.

Thanks a lot for that! Quite nice in the output.
Only one glitch: Is make-cross-stencil a private function of yours?

Best, Simon