mclaren <metachroma...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hans;

Hans being short for "Urs" or assigning a common name to a group of
people?

> You mentioned:
> "LilyPond doesn't require all the barlines to align in order to be able
> to break a line, it only requires an arbitrary *moment* to align. If you
> have such a moment you can break lines, and the manual tells you how to
> achieve that."
>
> Sorry, no, the Lilypond manual does _not_ tell you how to achieve
> that. The Lilypond manual is a mess. If the Lilypond manual were
> adequate, there wouldn't be any need for a forum like this. The very
> existence of this forum shows that the Lilypond manual is
> disorganized, incomplete, and inadequate.  I'm not the only person who
> has mentioned this. It's common knowledge, and uncontroversial.

In a similar vein, the existence of schools shows that all books are
disorganized, incomplete, and inadequate.

The opinion in a teachers' room will likely lean more to all pupils
being disorganized, incomplete, and inadequate.

What is uncontroversial common knowledge tends to be different for
different groups.

--
David Kastrup