> Hi,
>
> your code works pretty well. Thanks, Harm!
>
> The following questions are left:
>
> (1) How to center the whole markup? \center-column does not work.
>     It should be easy, but perhaps it's too late.

Use fill-line

> (2) The footer should appear only on the first page, the last page
>     should be different, all other pages should be empty.
>     Like \on-the-fly #first-page and #last-page which I could not use
>     successfully

You had them in the wrong order

> (3) How can I use header fields for the url in \with-url?
>     Your clever functions couldn't help me. Probably such a function
>     should return a string instead of a markup?

A markup-comand will _always_ return a stencil, afaik, never a string.

As long as you are using only strings in the header and the header is
at _toplevel_ the following may work

\header {
  composer = "Mozart"
  maintainer = "Name"
  maintainerWeb = "http://example.com";
  license = "cc-by-sa"
}

\paper {
  oddFooterMarkup =
  \markup \column {
    \fill-line {
      \on-the-fly #first-page
        \line {
          "By"
          \with-url
            #(module-ref $defaultheader 'maintainerWeb)
            #(module-ref $defaultheader 'maintainer)
          "-"
          \with-url
            #(format #f
              "https://creativecommons.org/licenses/~a/4.0/";
              (substring (module-ref $defaultheader 'license) 3))
           \line { "License:" \smaller #(module-ref $defaultheader 'license) }

    \fill-line {
      %% Tagline header field only on last page in the book.
      \on-the-fly #last-page \fromproperty #'header:tagline

{ a1 \pageBreak a \pageBreak a }

Cheers,
  Harm