Alexander,

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 2:59 PM, Alexander Kobel-2 [via Lilypond] <
ml-node+s1069038n197715...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> every now and then, I use a font for lyrics where the hyphen is quite
> different from Lilypond's LyricHyphen (in particular, sometimes it's
> slightly slanted). That combined with lyrics where a hyphen has to
> appear looks, well, ugly. (Recent example: a repetition of part of a
> word that has to be written as { ro -- sen-, ro -- sen -- rot }.)
>
> I failed with
>    \override LyricHyphen.text = #"-"
>    \override LyricHyphen.stencil = #lyric-text::print
> trying to replace the LyricHyphen "elementary stencil" by a properly
> printed hyphen from the LyricText font. Did anyone ever successfully try
> to do that, or has an idea how to approach such a tweak?

I've looked into this before, but it requires a complete re-write of the
stencil function because the "elementary stencil" is actually a single
dashed line spanner rather than a bunch of line segments. I haven't been
able to come up with a working solution, though.

Best,
Abraham