> >And my view is, if
> >
> > you refuse to use JavaScript, or try to run a defunct browser, that's
> > your problem.
>
> That is my view too. I understand about your blind users, but you can
> view a javascript-enabled website with a text website. It is possible.

Refusing to use javascript has nothing to do with using defunct browsers.
Allowing a site to use javascript does by design incur
 - higher risk of being infected by malevolent or conquered sites
 - greater loss of privacy and personal data

We don't have to agree that the above are valueable assets but assets
they are.

Forcing anybody to trade them in in my book requires very good reason.

Therefor:
I'm fine with using javascript on any site as long as I who generally
and deliberately disables javascript can still use that site.

Note I'm saying this as someone very well versed with the benefits and
the disadvantages (as in dangers) of javascript.

That having said:
I strongly second Urs's posting in this thread an hour ago.

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: m...@qata.de