Hi List,

I can't seem to find how to do what I imagined would be a fairly simple
thing to code. I have a figured bass sequence that looks like this in the
original:

4 #--------
2
7 8--------

It's fairly obvious from the layout that the 4 goes to a major 3rd, the 7
goes to an octave, and the 2 drops out. But doing this requires some sort
of vertical spacer that I'm not sure how to code. When I write the
following (pseudo-code):

< 4 2 7 > < _+ _ 8 >

the underscore in the middle of the second figure is ignored.

So in the abstract: is there some way to insert an extra line into a
figured bass figure, so that the numbers align with those of the previous
sign?

Cheers,