Hi everyone!

I have a repeated section of music with a different dynamic on each repeat.
As such, I've used a markup object to create the text "mp - f" in the
dynamic font. Because the music is piano music, my dynamics are in their
own Dynamics context.

My problem is that my custom dynamics don't vertically align with my
regular dynamics (see attached MWE and output). I've tried various
techniques:

   - staff-padding doesn't work because the dynamics aren't attached to
   either staff
   - raise #1, using a \null object as an anchor point, doesn't work
   because there's no staff as a reference point

Does anybody know if there's a way to vertically align custom dynamics with
regulat dynamics, or even if there's a LilyPond object for repeated
dynamics?

Thanks

Gregor
\version "2.16.0"

\include "common.ly"

upper = \relative c'' {
  \clef treble
  \key c \major
  \time 2/4
  c2
  \repeat volta 2 {
    d | e

lower = \relative c' {
  \clef bass
  \key c \major
  \time 2/4
  c2
  \repeat volta 2 {
    d | e

mpf = \markup  { \dynamic { mp } "-" \dynamic { f } }

dynamics = {
  s2\mp
  \repeat volta 2 {
    s2-\mpf | R2