Hi Barry,

unfortunately I do not have a ready-made solution - while it's possible to
change the ambitus note heads to a single specific sign by issuing (for
example) \override AmbitusNoteHead.style = #'do in the \layout block, this
is not a solution since it changes both ambitus note heads at the same time
-, I just want to point out an inherent problem:
As far as I understand, \sacredHarpHeads and \aikenHeads depend on the key
signature chosen (in much the same way that movable do syllables do). So,
it's a bit dodgy to issue ambitus information using these signs since the
key signature might change in the course of the piece. (Strictly speaking,
the ambitus signs occur at a place before a key signature is issued - but
this slight inconsistency applies to ambitus marks in general since they
show note heads *left* to the first clef ever encountered by the singer.)

Best
Lukas