Greetings Brett,

I am a Linux user through and through. I use LilyPond with Emacs. As
for LaTeX, I find it useful when authoring purely textual documents.
However, when a mix of text and music is involved, I use LilyPond's
rather robust \markup and \markuplist commands, finding lilypond-book
to be too cumbersome or specific. I have deep interest in csound, but
the manual seems to assume so much knowledge by the perspective user
from the outset that I have simply shyed away from it - which,
incidentally, is less a criticism of the csound   manual writers as it
is ringing praise of all who have contributed to LilyPond
documentation over the years!

Hwaen Ch'uqi