Hi Chris,

Am 06.12.2017 um 23:33 schrieb Chris Jones:
> A closer inspection of the glyphs makes me think it is using some form
> of Century Schoolbook. The upper-case letter "Q" for instance is quite
> recognizable.

Could it be that it just works like expected?
You are setting the serif (standard) font to "TeXGyreSchola" and Tex
Gyre Schola basically looks like Century Schoolbook:

        The TeX Gyre Schola family of serif fonts is based on the URW
        Century Schoolbook L family distributed with Ghostscript. The
        original was designed by Morris Fuller Benton in 1919, for the
        American Type Founders.

        https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/tex-gyre-schola

So you probably won't recognize any difference. If you look into the
properties of the generated pdf, you can also see the names of the fonts
that are embedded.

I would suggest that you use some other installed font instead (which
looks different) and see whether that has a visible effect.

Cheers,
Joram