Thomas Morley-2 wrote
> commit 3ea80e17452cb1e99aa4b7ff77b0ae2f5293b50d
> Author: Thomas Morley <

> thomasmorley65@

> Date:   Sat Dec 31 12:33:24 2016 +0000
>
>     Let the distance of strings and frets in fret-diagrams be settable
>
>     Issue 5025

That's funny, indeed,

Thanks for the hint! I wasn't even aware of the fact that the
string-distances property is relatively new.
It was just a straight forward attempt and it's common practice to create
mirrored images by applying a negative scale factor.

I bet the possibility of using negative distances was not part of the
original design... :)
As the diagrams are being centered, there should be no side effects.

Once again a most valuable and ever fruitful LilyPond enhancement brought to
you by Harm's 1001 megabytes of scheme code...! :D

Slán go fóill
Torsten