>> The link feature from the "Preview" app pointing back to the editor
isn't working (it doesn't show an error message, just an
>>audio alert sound instead of opening the editor at the correct point)

>This has in my experience never worked.  The Preview.app apparently has no
way to communicate back to the editor.  It is an
>exceedingly basic little application and philosophically Apple does not
particularly like apps interacting and communicating with each
>other.  If Acrobat works, then I would suggest using that.

Hi Tim,

The feature has worked wonderfully for me for many years. It uses PDF
links that point to lilypond as a "helper app." I would guess I'm probably
not the only one using it despite frescobaldi being popular. The change
happened when I got a new computer.

The links work with Acrobat... and I'd happily use Acrobat, but as I
mentioned before it is a "known issue" that it won't update the PDF file
when you typeset repeatedly. The lilypond website says to use Preview.app.

Thanks,
Travis