Mark,

Your snippet raises two points:

1) There really should be a treble clef before the final repeat, to remind the
performer to switch back. This is important when there's music before the
repeated section as the performer may have forgotten which clef the repeat
started in. In your simplified example there's already a clef sign as the
beginning of the stave, but in most music that would be just luck. This is a
similar bug to mine, but different!

2) Your example doesn't have any music after the repeated section, which is
when the problem occurs. If I add some, I'm afraid your solution doesn't help.
My example is:

\version "2.19.52"

\language "english"

\new Staff       {
\repeat volta 2 {
   c'' c''
   \once \override Score.BreakAlignment #'break-align-orders = #(make-vector
3 '(staff-bar clef ))
   \clef "bass"  c  c
  }
  \clef "treble" c''1