Hi all,

I've noticed that under certain circumstances (I think if the page spacing
needs to be compressed?) Lilypond will disregard the vertical order of
TextScripts. So something like:

\relative c'' {
  f4^"long long long"^"short" e'2.
}

By itself, this correctly displays the short indication above the long one.
But sometimes Lilypond, in order to save space, will move the short
indication below the long one. This is understandable, but it can lead to
incorrect notation if the order matters. For example, indications of who is
playing (e.g. solo or tutti) are generally supposed to go above indications
of playing style or technique.

Is there a way to force Lilypond to respect the specified vertical order of
TextScripts? Ideally, not as a one time override or tweak but throughout an
entire score.

Thanks!