Hello everyone!

I was wondering about how do you usually solve situations like the
following, where you have ties to chords and the accidentals cause the ties
to be too short (sometimes almost invisible).

\version "2.19.80"\language "english"
> %What tweaks do you apply to this situations?\relative c'' {
>   <as fs>~ <cs as fs cs>}
> %I tried this but the accidentals prevent the ties from reaching the
> noteheads\relative c'' {
>   \override TieColumn.tie-configuration = #`((-1 . ,DOWN) (-3 . ,DOWN))
>   \override Tie.minimum-length = #4
>   <as fs>~ <cs as fs cs>}

Maybe one way would be to make it so that ties do not calculate collisions
with accidentals? Or making the accidentals smaller? The latter I imagine
you would do by overriding the stencil, the former I have no idea how to do.

I welcome any insight in how to deal with these situations. Thank you in
advance!
Stéfano