Hi,

I am trying to use a LilyPond table of contents for the first time and
can't figure out some things:

- How can I make it narrower? Or set left and right paper margins
specifically for that page? The 5 cm in the example are fine but the

- How to put some space between the number and the composer and between
the title and the dots? At the place where i put this ugly amount of
space characters in the example below. Should I use \hspace?

- Is anyone using this way to create tocs for serious projects or do you
prefer LaTeX? Is it possible to link to the scores, then? I know
includepdf but how does it work with pagenumbering and cross references
inside the pdf?

Thanks for any help.

Joram

Minimal example:

\version "2.19.65"

\markuplist \table-of-contents
\paper {
  tocTitleMarkup = \markup \huge \column {
    \fill-line { \null "Inhalt" \null }
    \hspace #1
  }
  tocItemMarkup = \markup \fill-with-pattern #1 #RIGHT .
    \fromproperty #'toc:text \fromproperty #'toc:page

  left-margin = 5\cm
  right-margin = 5\cm
  top-margin = 5\cm
}

\pageBreak

\tocItem \markup "1.    J.S. Bach, »First score«    "
\score { { c'4 } }

\tocItem \markup "2.    J.S. Bach, »Second score«     "
\score { { c'4 } }