Hi everyone,

I stumbled across a bug where Lilypond generates a bad slur if the slur
crosses a line break and there is a simultaneous clef change in a
different staff. I found a previous report for this bug in the mailing
list archives (2015-05-30, same subject, [1]), but with Google Code
being archived and SourceForge currently in Disaster Recovery mode, I’m
not sure if the bug is currently tracked anywhere (or even fixed in the
development version), so I thought I could still post my tiny(ish)
example along with a workaround, and perhaps it would be helpful to
someone :)

Example (you can replace the 7 with other numbers), with workaround
commented out:

\version "2.18.2"
<<
  \new Staff {
    s1*7 |
    % \temporary \alterBroken control-points #'(((0.3 . 1.5) (1.3 . 2.3)
(2.5 . 2.3) (3.5 . 1.5)) ((3.3 . 1.5) (4.3 . 2.3) (5.5 . 2.3) (6.5 .
1.5))) Slur
    r2.. d''8( | \break
    % \revert Slur control-points
    c'')
  }
  \new Staff {
    \clef "violin"
    s1*7 s1 \clef "bass"
  }

Screenshots of the results are at [2]. The control points aren’t
perfect, since I couldn’t figure out how to get the automatically chosen
control points (for the second half of the broken slur, we could just
reuse these, since only the first half is bad, and the first half could
be based on them as well), so I had to try to match them by eyeballing.
Also, this unfortunately doesn’t work if you want double slurs, since
AFAIK it’s not possible to set the control points in that case [3]. But
still, it’s better than nothing IMHO.

Hope this helps,
Lucas

[1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2015-05/msg00817.html