Il giorno sab 10 mar 2018 alle 16:26, David Wright <lily...@lionunicorn.co.uk> ha scritto:
On Sat 10 Mar 2018 at 09:18:59 (+0100), Federico Bruni wrote:
 [...]

 The documentation in Usage 1,2 is pretty clear:

 -o, --output=FILE or FOLDER

I don't recognise this. What is Usage 1,2?

It's chapter 1.2 of Usage manual.
Sorry, a typo.. and I should have put a link instead.

    Set the default output file to FILE or, if a folder with that
 name exists, direct the output to FOLDER, taking the file name from
 the input file. The appropriate suffix will be added (e.g. .pdf for
 pdf) in both cases.

/home/david/lilypond-docs/2.19.80/man1/lilypond.1 3287/3451 95%

-o, --output=FILE write output to FILE (suffix will be added)

Perhaps the documentation is running ahead of the program's capabilities?

A workaround is to give the full path of test.ly to LP, ie /tmp/test.ly.

No, it's not this.
See my last email. The problem occurs only in the /tmp directory. It happens on Debian as well (not only in Fedora).