> I've set up two PDFs for comparing the original and my current
> working draft design (the triple flat missing in the original
> design, though).  All existing accidentals containing flats both on
> and between stave-lines in all design sizes.  In my printout, the
> opening-up of counters does not look overdone.
>
> issue3356-flats-ORIGINAL.pdf
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t3887/issue3356-flats-ORIGINAL.pdf>
>
> issue3356-flats-NEW.pdf
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t3887/issue3356-flats-NEW.pdf>

Very nice!  Two remarks.

* For smaller sizes I would like the slash through the double flat
  become asymmetric as an optical counter: the right-hand part should
  become more extended horizontally.

* The same should probably be applied to other slashes also, but to a
  lesser extent (and maybe extending on the left-hand side).

    Werner