Am 04.04.2018 um 12:17 schrieb Urs Liska:

Am 04.04.2018 um 10:32 schrieb Jan-Peter Voigt:
... there is a function
ly:score-add-output-def!
to add layout- and midi-blocks to a score object.

Cheers
Jan-Peter

Thanks, this finally is what I should have been looking for!
Bess
Urs

OK, but now I have a follow-up question which is quite similar to my other post from today (and I'm afraid the answer is similarly embarrassing):

I managed to install an editionID to a specific movement's score with this code:

      (ly:score-add-output-def! score
        #{
          \layout {
            \context {
              \Score
              #(editionID #f movement-path)
        #})

which actually works when I use that "movement-path" variable to address  in \editionMod later.

However, I would like to be able to also write this without the permanent switches, i.e. in pure Scheme syntax.
But unlike \key I can't simply "call" layout.

My impression (after looking at the Scheme functions reference page and a number of source files) is that I could use (ly:make-output-def) to create the output definition and then use ly:output-def-set-variable! to achieve the goal. But after trying out a number of things I must admit I don't get to an end with it.

So again I have to hope for any hint ...

Best
Urs