Illustration below:
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t4077/grace-dynamics.png>

In the upper example, the hairpin stretches all the way to the terminating
dynamic, despite explicitly telling it not to with the 'to-barline'
property.

If I take away the acciaccatura (in the lower example), the problem goes
away, so it must be something to do with that. Inserting a grace skip of
equal size in the dynamics context does not fix the problem.

In an 'emergency' I could explicitly terminate the hairpin on the final note
of the first bar, but that isn't exactly the same (the hairpin should stop
after the last note of the bar but before the barline, not /on/ the last
note.

The following code illustrates the problem:

/\version "2.19"
<<
        \relative {
                c'2 e4 g | \acciaccatura { a16 b } c4 r r2 |
        }
        \new Dynamics {
                s1 \p \< | s \f
        }