[ Is there any way to make lilypond complaint with a compilation
error/warning in case I don't  specify a \keepWithTag or \removeWithTag?]

On 13 April 2018 at 15:17, Knute Snortum <ksnor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One way would be to use bar line checks (|) and \barNumberCheck:
>
> %%% Start
> \version "2.19.81"
> var = {
>   \time 3/4
>   \tag#'vera a
>   \tag#'verb b
>   a |
> }
> {\var}  %this should generate a warning
> {\keepWithTag #'vera \var} %this is ok!
> {\keepWithTag #'verb \var} %this is ok!
> {\removeWithTag #'vera \var} %this is ok!
> %%% End

Great! I was thinking to something like that but I have no idea what to use
to generate the dummy warning/error.

The reason of my question is that when I put a tag sometimes my variable
makes sense only if I use it with \keepWithTag or \removeWithTag so I want
a warning if I forgot to do it.

Thank you Knute!
g.