foxfanfare wrote
> Anyway, I tried your code this morning, but I wasn't able to get the
> desiredresult. Maybe because I use the 2.19.80 version. I will try again
> later thisafternoon.

Okay I tested with the 2.19.81 version but the DotColumn.padding and
details.dots-padding-factor doesn't seem to work. On the contrary, the dots
doesn't collide with the stems anymore! But don't worry Harm, since the
solution seems to be very difficult to implement and as you said "fragile",
I will probably let the default output for the dots-dots placement. Too bad,
this was an option in Sibelius! I guess I'll wait for a next LilyPond
version which may (or not!) implement this!