On 24.04.2018 09:06, Gianmaria Lari wrote:
The following is one excerpt from the Sitt book, 20 studies in Double Stops.

Why in the first three measures the G, D and A are written as g4~4~4~4  d4~4~4~4  a4~4~4~4 instead of g1 d1 a1? Any idea?

That’s clearly due to the pedagogical purpose; since the etudes are about Double Stops, the author wanted to make more immediately obvious what exact double stop is played at the moment. (Which I feel would make more sense if neither note was on an open string, but I guess that also appears later in the work.)

Best, Simon