Hi Kieren, David & all,

I was searching for a way to shift the lyric tie around and I found this
thread from a year back. It looked promising and so I tried David's cool
looking tiedLyricOverrides thingy but it only worked partially. I can
adjust the word-space but the left-pad does not have any effect. It doesn't
matter if I enter positive or negative values. The word-space accepts
negative values, though. How should the left-pad affect the text-tie-text
combo?

For most of the time the default results are fine for me but if there's a
comma between the syllables, e.g. "ro,~e" I'd like to move the tie just a
little bit to the left (negative padding) while keeping the space as it is.
I'm currently using 2.19.65 but I tested it also on .55 with similar
results. I attached the default results and the desired results as an image.

As a plan B I tried to use markup as the text following the tie (so I could
use negative hspace or something to shift the second part) but that did not
seem to work. The text inside the markup was attached to the following note.

Now we get to plan C... I found a way to cheat the system to get what I
wanted but I'd really appreciate a "proper" way to move the tie around. If
I use it for different text I'll have to tweak the X-offset of the tie
glyph.
\markup \combine "ro, e" { \translate #'(3 . 0)  \musicglyph
#"ties.lyric.default" }

Any other pointers? Did I miss something? Perfectionist? Moi? :-)

BR,
Risto