David Sumbler <da...@aeolia.co.uk> writes:

> On Wed, 2018-05-16 at 16:55 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
>> David Sumbler <da...@aeolia.co.uk> writes:
>>

>> > At the moment I define variables for formatting title, composer
>> > etc. at
>> > the start of a score separately for each staff-size that I use.
>> >
>> > A simple question: is there a way of getting the same layout and
>> > font-
>> > sizes for the opening headings of, say, a part with 20-point staves
>> > and
>> > a full score with 16-point staves without having to define the
>> > layout
>> > twice?
>> >
>> > Using \abs-fontsize does not work, because the horizontal spacing
>> > is
>> > still affected by the global staff size.
>> Can you show how you are using \abs-fontsize ?
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> \version "2.19.81"
>
> #(set-global-staff-size 20)
> \book {
>   \bookOutputName "test1"
>   \header { title = \markup \abs-fontsize #20 "abs-fontsize 20" }
>   { c''1 }
> }
>
> #(set-global-staff-size 16)
> \book {
>   \bookOutputName "test2"
>   \header { title = \markup \abs-fontsize #20 "abs-fontsize 20" }
>   { c''1 }
> }
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> In "test2" above the title letters are the correct size, but are
> horizontally squashed together by a factor of 16/20.
>
> David

Ok, this is definitely off-color.  I suspected you writing

\abs-fontsize #20 { word word word } instead of, say,
\abs-fontsize #20 \line { word word word } or
\abs-fontsize #20 { "word word word" }

That would resize the individual words but leave alone the
interword-space.  But here actually the letter space is ruined.  That
definitely looks like \abs-fontsize is not doing what it should here.

--
David Kastrup