Hello. I am currently working on a piano piece and I want to have sustain
spans below the bass clef while the left hand is resting for whole
measures. I want to the sustain to line up with tuplets on the right hand
in the treble clef. My current strategy is to fake the same phrase in the
bass clef but it leaves me with tuplet artifacts when I am hiding the notes
in the bass clef à la :

%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%% bass section mirroring right hand for sustain engraving purposes only
\version "2.18.2"
{
<<
\new Voice { \hideNotes b4 b8 b8\sustainOn b4 b8. b16\sustainOff}
\new Voice { r1}

<<
\new Voice { \hideNotes b2. b4\sustainOn b2  \tuplet 3/2{ b8 b4\sustainOff}
b4\sustainOn \tuplet 3/2{ b8 b8\sustainOff b8 } b2. }
\new Voice { r1 r1 r1}

}

--
ॐ नमः शिवाय