DigitalOceans and GitHub launch (for the fifth time I think) the "Hacktoberfest" https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/. It's a kind of small incentive to get one's feet wet with open source projects.

Essentially it works like this: if you are among the first 50.000 registered participants who have opened five pull requests on GitHub by Oct 31 you will earn a Hacktoberfest T-shirt :-)

Some repositories that would welcome pull requests:

 * https://github.com/lilypond/lilypond
 * https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi
 * https://github.com/jperon/lyluatex
 * https://github.com/openlilylib (all repositories below that)
 * https://github.com/uliska/lycritrprt
 * https://github.com/uliska/lilyglyphs
 * https://github.com/uliska/musxmp
   (as a reimplementation supporting lyluatex of
   https://github.com/uliska/musicexamples)

Of course other repositories are valuable targets too ;-)
And of course we'd accept pull requests *after* October as well ...

Best
Urs