Klaus,

   Have you considered the possibility of making each song its own file and
then using lylualatex to build the songbook. I'm using that workflow to
create a collection of barbershop tags, where the tags run about two or
three lines. I have a lilypond template for tags that defines standard
names for note and lyric variables and having one tag per file eliminates
conflicts between tags. Using lylualatex makes it easy to generate indexes
and also to rearrange tags if I need to move things around to improve the
spacing on a page.

David Bowen

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 12:34 PM Klaus Ethgen <klaus+lilyp...@ethgen.ch>