Hi Christopher,

This comes up reasonably often. May I ask why you don't simply start the
piece with the treble clef? If you immediately change to treble, what is
the point of having the bass clef at this point? It's a musical decision up
to you, but it always strikes me as a bit unnecessary. Any player will know
the lower staff is the left hand, assuming this is normalish piano music,
so there is no need for a bass clef to remind them. What you want is not
wrong. just clumsy, and adds more visual noise to a score for the brain to
deal with.

Andrew