Hi, all,

The Notation Reference section 1.1.2 says "Music inside a \transpose block
is absolute unless a \relative is included in the block". I'm writing a
function that uses \transpose to change a variable's pitch in a function.

How can I check if the music entered was entered in a \relative block? Can
I?

Below is a minimal example showing the problem I'm having, along with a png
(attached) demonstrating the output:

    \version "2.19.82"
    fall = #(define-music-function (input) (ly:music?)
        #{ $input \transpose c g, $input #})
              { \fall <e' b' e''>4 e2^"absolute"_"right"}
    \relative { \fall <e' b' e>4e,2^"relative"_"wrong" }

I hope this is clear enough—running low on sleep…

Thanks,

Randy