Saul Tobin <saul.james.to...@gmail.com> writes:

> I followed the process described above to compile Guile 1.8 and Lilypond on
> Windows Subsystem for Linux. I found that it only worked when installing
> guile to /usr, not /usr/local.

It doesn't matter where you install Guile as long as you specify

GUILE_CONFIG=/usr/local/tmp/guile-1.8/bin/guile-config

(or similar, depending on where you installed your Guile-1.8) as one
argument to either ./autogen.sh or ./configure since guile-config has
the installation path baked in and is used for providing all
path-dependent options for compilation and linking.

--
David Kastrup