Hello Stig,

I've posted this mail twice by mistake, I have the answer now :
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2019-03/msg00417.html
It's what you recommend, with \omit Staff.StringNumber

I searched I read the document multiple times but I didn't understand that
finger numbering applied also to tablature.

Thanks
Tonio