On Sat, 2019-11-09 at 14:17 +0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> [...]

Dear Phil, unfortunately not. I do not want to in increase the distance within a
system, but the distance between systems. I attached an image by which you
probably directly see my problem: bar 4 - 6 is set too close to bar 1 - 3. And
bar
7 - 10 is set too close to bar 4 - 6.

I am very sorry, that I do not know / use the correct English words to say what
mean. Even in German the respective words are used inconsistently and
unsufficiently:

staff = "a series of (normally five) horizontal lines upon and between which the
musical notes are written"

staves = "pl of staff"

system =

a) "collection of staves (staff) [...] used for writing down [...] orchestral
music"
b) "section of the score spanning the width of a single page"

These are the definitions of the LilyPond glossary
(lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/music-glossary-big-page.html)

But I want to denote this: If my system ( meaning 'a' ) does not contain so many
staves, that it spanns the width of a single page ( meaning 'b' ) , but more
than
only to fill one line, then my system is split into system parts (by a kind of
line feed) which are printed on the page.

So now I still have 2 questions:

a) What's the correct Lilypond word for a line (of staves)?
b) How do I increase the distance between the lines.

Again, any help is appreciated
Karsten

--
  Karsten Reincke    /\/\   (+49|0) 170 / 927 78 57
 Im Braungeröll 31   >oo<  mailto:k.rein...@fodina.de