Jeremiah,

Please keep discussion on the list so it can help others.

From: Jeremiah Reilly <jeremiah.p.rei...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 9:04 AM
To: Carl Sorensen <c_soren...@byu.edu>
Subject: Re: Mac OS 10.15 Catalina

Carl

Thanks for the tips. Appreciated.

The Frescobaldi Downloads page states "Install a copy of Lilypond as well." Not
sure how that jives with Catalina.

Sorry to be inept re packages and making from source. I am a musician, not a
developer.

Download the package from the link below.  Double-click on it.  It will open up
a folder.  Probably you will then double-click on the file in the folder to
complete the installation.

I can’t test the exact process because I don’t have Catalina (on purpose).

  https://www.et.byu.edu/~sorensen/lilypond-devel-2.19.83_2.mpkg

You will probably need to change your security settings to allow you to open
software from other than the App store (but you likely have already done that
in order to install Frescobaldi.

No building is required.  You don’t need to be a developer.  You just need to
install both Frescobaldi and LilyPond, and then tell Frescobaldi where to find
LilyPond (which is perhaps the problem you are facing).  If so, open up
Frescobaldi, then Preferences (under the Frescobaldi menu), then select
LilyPond preferences.  Click the Add button to the right of LilyPond versions
to use, and browse to the installed LilyPond (somewhwere under /opt/local).

HTH,

Carl