From: lilypond-user <lilypond-user-bounces+lilypond=de-wolff....@gnu.org> On
Behalf Of Sam Bivens
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 8:38 PM
To: lilypond-user <lilypond-user@gnu.org>
Subject: Cleanly showing every measure number

Hi everyone,

For pedagogical reasons, I want to include every measure number in my scores.
I've been using the LSR's consistently left-aligned numbers available at
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=840

But this causes problems with slurs, ledger lines, etc., which push the measure
numbers up high above the given measure (see the attached MWE).

Thus I have two related questions:

*       How might I adjust \consistentlyLeftAlignedMeasureNumbers to keep them
consistently near the staff, no matter what the music is?
*       Alternatively, if there are others that require every number to be
measured, how have you solved this problem? I'm unfortunately not too keen on
the solution shown in the recent "bar numbers at top of score" thread.

Thanks,

Sam

--

Sam Bivens, Ph.D.

Music Theory Faculty

Cleveland Institute of Music

11021 East Boulevard

Cleveland, OH 44106

sam.biv...@cim.edu <mailto:sam.biv...@cim.edu>

[>]

Maybe to simple, but what about just using

\layout {

    \context {

      \Score

     \override BarNumber.break-visibility = #all-visible

     \override BarNumber.font-size = #+2

     \override BarNumber.Y-offset = -20.0

      \override BarNumber.extra-offset = #'( 0.0 . +22.0)

?