On 2020-01-15 3:54 pm, Pastor Jim Neubauer wrote:
So I figured out how to make and adjust a slur on my own. I am really
wondering though if there is a more elegant way like how simple it is
to do \repeatTie.

Sorry for the delay.  Your approach seems perfectly reasonable.

I was going to suggest something like this:

%%%%
\version "2.18.2"
\language "english"

\relative c'' {
  \key d \major
  \time 4/4
  \repeat volta 2 {
    | d4 d8 d8~ d8 a4 d8(
  }
  \alternative {
    {
      | e4. d8~ d8 cs4) a8
      | a4 a8 fs'8~ fs8 e4 d8
          -\tweak dash-definition
            #'((0 0.3 0 0) (0.3 1 1 1))
          (
        \bar ":|."
    }
    {
      | e4.
        % -\tweak control-points
        %   #'((-1 . 3.1) (3 . 3.6) (8 . 3.4) (10 . 1.5))
        % (
        d8~ d8 cs8) fs8 fs8~
%%%%

This works because you happen to have a note at the right pitch to attach the slur to. If the music were different in the end of the first volta, I would have needed to use a hidden note.

-- Aaron Hill