> Am 24.06.2020 um 15:01 schrieb David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org>:
>
> Henning Hraban Ramm <lilypon...@fiee.net> writes:
>
>> In some of my songbooks, the chord line (for guitar) is interrupted by
>> single bass notes, i.e. you are supposed to play only these strings.
>>
>> The notation is mostly a smallcaps letter with a bar above (or a small
>> x below), but a simple /G would be enough if it isn’t possible
>> otherwise.
>>
>> And I’d like to have that bass note also in MIDI output.
>>
>> Is this possible, and how?
>>
>> Preferred syntax: r/g or s/g
>
> Try <g> .  You'll still need to fiddle with the chord naming function.

Ah, thanks for the hint.

I found a snippet to add brackets to a chord:

#(define (addBrackets grob)
   "Place brackets around a text object."
   (let* (
          ; Get current text
          (currentText (ly:grob-property grob 'text))
          (bracketedText (markup "(" currentText ")")))
     ; Store the bracketed text back
     (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'text bracketedText)
     )
   ; and print it
   (ly:text-interface::print grob))

% opC = optional chord (in brackets)
opC = \once \override ChordNames.ChordName.stencil = #addBrackets

Now, how can I use markup like \tiny or \circle within that (markup ...) ?

Best, Hraban