Hi all,

I'm trying to use \partCombine to merge two parts with beamed eighth notes
in cadenza mode (see attached). What I want is for the three eighth notes
in the lower part to merge into chords with the upper part, but Lilypond
doesn't seem to want to do it. When I take out the [ ] beaming marks, it
merges the second two notes, but the first one (tied to the previous
e-flat) still won't merge with the part above it.

Is there a way to get \partCombine to do this?

Regards,

Brent.

PS: I've noticed that the online documentation still says to use
\partcombine with a lower-case "c", but when I try that I get error
messages. It only works for me in version 2.22.1 when I use camel case
(\partCombine).
\version "2.22.1"

global = {
\cadenzaOn
\key es \major

}

partOneBeams = \relative c'' {
  \global
  g8[ as bes c bes g as] bes4
}

partTwoBeams = \relative c'{
  \global
  d es~ es8[ d c] d4
}

partOneCorrect = \relative c' {

}

\score {
\new Staff {
\partCombine \partOneBeams \partTwoBeams
}

\layout {
\context {
\Staff \remove Time_signature_engraver}