Hi everybody,

I'm preparing some choral motets, and so far I have used slurs to tell the
lyric engine where to put the melismata. I am finding the page a little too
cluttered, so bow I want to see what the score would look like without the
slurs in it.

When I use \hide Slur, they disappear but the layout and spacing is the
same; obviously the engraver still creates them, they just aren't shown.
When I remove the engraver, the lyric engine no longer recognises them so
the syllables all end up in the wrong place.

Is there a way to tell Lilypond to use the slur indications to position the
lyrics, but to tell the slur engraver not to generate them?

Brent.