From: lilypond-user <lilypond-user-bounces+carl.d.sorensen=gmail....@gnu.org>
on behalf of Rajesh Baskar <rajes...@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, November 22, 2021 at 12:45 PM
To: Aaron Hill <lilyp...@hillvisions.com>
Cc: "lilypond-user@gnu.org" <lilypond-user@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Box around MeasureCounter

Aaron,

I had another question. The MeasureCounter boxify function does not work if we
change the staff to Rhythmic staff.

It works perfectly if you add the Meeasure_counter_engraver  and \boxify
MeasureCounter for the RhythmicStaff
%%%%
\version "2.22.0"

boxify =
#(define-music-function
  (grob-path) (key-list?)
  (define proc (grob-transformer 'stencil
   (lambda (grob orig) (grob-interpret-markup grob #{
    \markup \override #'(box-padding . 0.25)
            \override #'(thickness . 2)
            \box \stencil #orig #}))))
  #{ \override $grob-path . stencil = #proc #})
\include "english.ly" \header {tagline = "" }
\score {\new RhythmicStaff {
  \override Score.SpacingSpanner.strict-note-spacing = ##t
  \set Score.proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1/4)
  \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"Grand Piano"
  \key c \major \numericTimeSignature
  \time 4/4
  \clef treble
  \startMeasureCount