Hello Valentin,

> The proper solution would probably to add a function like \embed-image
> which
> makes use of the SVG <image> tag. But that one only specifies jpeg, png
> and
> svg. This means that for any other format it is the choice of the viewing
> software if they want to support it.

this is why IMHO, for svg backend it would be even better to have a
function that adds inline svg.
IIRC there was, in this ml, an attempt to create it, but I can't find the
corresponding message.
Anyway, I would like to avoid conversions and, at the current state of art,
I think that a way to  work-around is to draw a rect with the img size, and
replace it with inline svg through some external utility.

Best,
Paolo