Op 24-01-2022 om 21:10 schreef Valentin Petzel:
Hello Jogchum,

You have a GrandStaff on the top level (I guess for spanned barlines?). This
will add a brace by default. This brace cannot get arbitrarily large, so it
only spans part of the System.

Two solutions:
Just get rid of the GrandStaff (if you do not in fact want spanned barlines,
which is usually the case with choral music as they make lyrics placement
harder), or change the start delimiter to a barline by doing
\new StaffGroup \with
{
   systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartBar
}
Instead.
ยจ
Cheers,
Valentin

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for answering!

The first solution I had already tried (in version 2.19.82), looking for a way to subdivide the sixteen voices in S-A-T-B segments. It gave, and still gives the error

document.ly:256:3: fout: Schijnbare expressie in \score ("Schijnbare expressie" being Dutch for "apparent epression")

Only the first system is rendered.

The second solution leads to the same result/error message.

While I admit that the Grandstaff-option leads to undesirable spanned barlines, in version 2.19.82 it performed the wanted grouping, without the extra brace seen in 2.23...

cheers, Jogchum

Reply via email to