On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 4:09 PM Kieren MacMillan <
kie...@kierenmacmillan.info> wrote:

> Hi Valentin,
>
> > this is unrelated to ChordNames. Rather it just remaps chords
> > from \chordmode depending on Fretboards.
>
> I don't know how they interact exactly… Carl: Any comment on whether or
> not there's any intersection between Valentin's work and the GSoC work you
> did/mentored?

As far as I know, there is no interaction.

I think Valentin's work takes the pitches from the FretBoards and turns the
pitches in the FretBoards into chords on a regular staff.

Charles's GSOC work was to store the name of the chord such that one knew
what chord name was intended, especially in cases where there may be
alternate chordnames for the same pitches.

Carl