Ha.
So it works. but also reveals another bug

Note small change in bar 5: now the bar 6 line is gone again, and so it's
the correctly accounted accidental spacing...

\layout {
    \override Score.Clef.break-visibility = #'#(#f #f #f)  % make only the
first clef visible
}

\defineBarLine "|" #'("|" "|" "|")

m =  \relative c'' {
    c4 c c c | \break
    <as, b cis fis>4 cis cis cis |
    <as b cis fis>4 cis cis cis |
    \repeat unfold 2 { c c c c } \bar "||"  \break
    <es fis as cis>4 c c c |
    <es fis as cis>4 cis cis cis |
    \repeat unfold 2 { c c c c } \break
    \repeat unfold 4 { c c c c }