Yeah, I played around with it a bit more and discovered the same thing. So
the autoTransposeEngraver is listening to the event, and it's transposing
the pitch-alist, but the Key_engraver is still actually engraving the
untransposed version. A slightly different problem than what I initially
thought but I'm just as confused.