Hello David,

the commit that introduced this was

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/commit/b480b873c8cc686765c1f188be696636c2018adc[1]

Now, I did not use Lilypond in 2004 so I cannot say for sure,
but I think this should have worked before that commit.
But I suppose we could try it we somehow manage to get
Lilypond 2.0 to run.

Valentin

Am Mittwoch, 1. Februar 2023, 14:45:41 CET schrieb David Kastrup:
> Valentin Petzel <valen...@petzel.at> writes:

> > I’d say this is pretty much what we call a regression ...
>
> To be a regression, it has to have worked at some point of time.
>
> Did it?

--------
[1]
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/commit/b480b873c8cc686765c1f188be696636c2018adc