Hello Mark,

use the alignBelowContext property to tell Lilypond where to put the Lyrics:

\version "2.24"

SopranoMusic = \relative {
  \repeat volta 2 {a' a a a }
}
AltoMusic = \relative { f' f f f }
TenorMusic = \relative { a a a a }
BassMusic = \relative { f f f f }

VerseOne = \lyricmode {
  \set stanza = "1."
  <<
    { Words to verse one }
    \new Lyrics \with { alignBelowContext = "SopranoVerseOne" } {
      \set associatedVoice = "VerseOne"
      Re -- peat words here

VerseTwo = \lyricmode { \set stanza = "2." a b c d }

TwoVoicesPerStaff = ##t
\include "satb.ly"

Cheers,
Valentin